About Me

My photo
I started stitching a few years ago thanks to a very dear friend. She has encouraged and taught me so much. I am the Mum of three great kids who I love dearly. I love to stitch in my spare time and even though I am a newbie I enjoy it very much.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Neglected Blog

My poor neglected blog. I can't believe this is the first post I have done for 2013. You can't get much slacker than that.

What have I been up to to be away so long, not that much really. I guess life has just got in the way a little.  Kids, sport, school, work........one day just rolls in to the next sometimes.

I have managed to do some sewing and just haven't managed to get the photos onto the blog. So here goes.

I have been working on my Beautiful Life quilt for quite a while but had to put is aside for some other more pressing projects which I will share shortly.

So Easter on the North Coast means rain of course so what better way to fill in time than sewing. I have finally managed to finish all the stitcheries, applique them on and quilt all 63 blocks. Finally YAY !!!!





That meant today I got to start cutting the strips to join it all together. This is the first time I have done a quilt as you go project and it has been really good, an enjoyable & achievable project for a novice like me.


 Especially now as the rows have started to come together. I just need to hand stitch down the seams at the back.


I managed to get three of the nine rows together tonight (sorry about the poor quality photography) and I am looking forward to seeing it all in one piece once the rows are joined together. I really struggled with the colours and the fabrics in this one. I ordered it as a block of the month from Hatched and Patched and when it arrived it wasn't the colours I was expecting. As always Anni has included gorgeous fabrics and so my decision was to give it a go. It was just a lot of patterns and a little too busy for my liking but as it is coming together I am beginning to really like it. I should've had more faith of course. The stitcheries are really cute and it has been a really enjoyable project.

Happy stitching all. I hope you have all had a happy & safe Easter xox

1 comment:

  1. It's looking great Sam. That joining fabric really brings it all together. Hope it keeps raining so you can do some more today.

    ReplyDelete