About Me

My photo
I started stitching a few years ago thanks to a very dear friend. She has encouraged and taught me so much. I am the Mum of three great kids who I love dearly. I love to stitch in my spare time and even though I am a newbie I enjoy it very much.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Blue Mountains Quilt Retreat





Yippee off to the Blue Mountains I headed on Friday 12/10/12. Little did I know when I left the sunny Gold Coast Airport that I would get stuck on the highway because of snow. I had a great flight and short train ride where I was picked up by some lovely stitching friends for our journey up the mountains. Unfortunately we didnt quite make it all the way. We were stopped on the highway and told maybe for a few hours but a quick lunch and a friendly local soon pointed us in the right direction.

Friday night saw us meeting up with the rest of our good friends who had been stuck on the other side of Katoomba and attending the cocktail party at The Stitching Post Shop. I did do just a little bit off shopping & will show off some of it later.

Saturday we all headed up to the retreat to meet our lovely designers and tutors for the weekend. Gail Pan, Lisa Cantlay & Carol Roberts

 

What a beautiful setting for a retreat the spectacular Blue Mountains.
 
 
More to follow soon. Happy Stitching xox


1 comment:

  1. it sure will be a retreat to remember with all the snow.......

    ReplyDelete